Sunday, July 21, 2013

Grown Ups Day :)

A couple months ago Jeff and I planned a weekend away {for our 15 year anniversary}. We had big plans of going to a nice hotel, cave tours, fun grown-up-no-kid adventures + a usa soccer game!
Well, we worked hard and spent a ton on the house this summer... so the hotel/cave/meals were out, but we'd already bought soccer tickets. So, instead of a fabulous weekend, we had one fantastic day!
It really was a great day.
We left early and started our day at the Jordan River Temple.

Then we went to this super cute deli called: Pop on Over.
They specialize in popovers... {the sandwich below}.
Jeff enjoyed chocolate covered bacon. :)
And I loved the fun atmosphere, records everywhere, and you could play any record you want. :)



It was a little crazy! The day that I was purchasing our soccer tickets my friend Kim called and asked-- Hey, would you guys want to go to a soccer game with us?
Haha.
So, instead of buying 2 tickets, I bought 4!
Poor Kim broke her heel last month and of course 3 months ago we scored great tickets right up front!--so she had to walk super far on her crutches. It was rough, but man that girl just smiles are bares it. Love her!


Landon Donovan!
I was totally going to make a sign with my Landon's picture that read: Landon we named our kid after you!!
But I didn't get it done.
It really is a bummer, we were so close to him!


It was such a fun game and USA won! 4 to 1.
I had such a great day with my sweetie!

1 comments:

D.B. said...

Pretty awesome, I have big plans too for some day. Hope our some days come sooner than later. ;)