Sunday, March 17, 2013

Coming in April...

I've wanted to be a writer since I was 8 years old.
At 14 I sent my first book off to a publisher.
So, it doesn't seem I've gotten too far. 35 and I'm still unpublished. But really, I didn't have a clue how to go about it all. I've learned a lot in the last 20 years. Actually a lot in the last 6 months. So, it's all good.

In April I'm going to a writer's conference.
I'm excited.
I'm nervous.
I've been getting ready.
I'm nervous.
I'm anxious.
I'm nervous.
haha
 
I've been working my tail off.
On my book.
On my pitch.
On my synopsis.
On my query.
On my log line.
It's getting there...
 
I'm nervous. (Did I mention that?)
Nervous to leave my baby girl for the first time and for a long time!
Nervous to be away from my family. (not just my girl)
Nervous that I have one pitch to one person.
 
 
I am just so grateful.
I'm grateful for my loving husband, who is excited for me. Who is so very supportive.
I'm grateful for my kids. Who are so sweet and patient with me and often ask: Hows your book mom? :)
I'm grateful for good friends. Who I've neglected somewhat. Thank you for being so understanding.
I'm grateful for my sisters. Who have read and reported and listened to me cry and whine.
I'm grateful for Janell. Who's taught me a lot. Edits for me weekly and trusts me to edit for her.
I'm grateful that when I'm gone away from my favorite little people it'll be their grandma with them.
 
O April.

1 comments:

D.B. said...

best of luck1!