Monday, December 03, 2012

Opinions :)

I have been writing forever... and I still don't have it right.
 haha
I probably never will. I've been trying to prepare somewhat for a writer's conference. It's slow going. Most of my attention goes to my baby girl, my boys, my husband, my calling, my home, (now) Christmas duties/fun... and little of it is left for writing. That isn't how your supposed to do it... You're supposed to treat it like a full time job if you want to be successful. And I do. But I'm not there yet. I can't wake up in the wee hours of the morning (which is probably my best option) and I can't neglect my family. So... my books are on the back burner. It's okay. I'm choosing not to go to bed with my kids and wake up hours before them... I'll get there, one day...  hopefully.
 
Anyway, even though it's pathetic preparing, I've still been preparing. One thing I need to do is write queries for each of my books. Here's the one for Knowing Amelia-
 
Olivia Benson’s life was headed down a clear and steady path. Attentive boyfriend, respectable major, loving family. But when a buried secret surfaces Olivia is led to the hidden journal of her estranged grandmother and finds herself questioning it all.
 
Any thoughts?? It feels too short, but it isn't supposed to be long. 3 sentences max. Does it make you wanna read a book??

0 comments: