Saturday, November 10, 2012

50 years

Today would have been my parent's 50th Wedding Anniversary.
I need a wedding picture of them... I thought  I had one, but I don't.
So, here they are going to a dance I think.

At a reunion with me in the womb :)

Christmas. All of us girls went together and bought them a trip to Vegas to see their favorite America's Got Talent winner.

Tiffany's Wedding (Lake Tahoe)

In the hospital before mom passed away.

November 10, 1962 my parents were married. They were married in my Grandmother's living room. My Aunt Barb was my mom's maid of honor (not her choice, my grandma's). Their colors were fall colors. She wore my Aunt Virgie's dress and she looked stunning. She was tiny, around 90lbs.
My parents had their struggles, their share of hard times, but I never doubted their love for one another. My mom worked to make a nice home for our family. She always served up a beautiful meal, one way she told my dad, really all of us that she loved him/us. And he always thanked her.
They held hands, they kissed. They weren't afraid to show their love for each other. They were a good example to me.

0 comments: