Tuesday, January 03, 2017

Pierced!

 I kind of feel like I am growing her up too fast with all these "firsts". Sydney has been asking to get her ears pierced for a several months. I told her it would hurt--she was not concerned. So, I told her she needed to earn it. We made a clean room chart and a good attitude chart. She worked hard for a couple of months and just after Christmas her charts were filled. She was ready that very second to head out!! But I made an appointment with the pediatrician--he pierces ears and they use numbing cream. My experience getting my ears pierced was a bit traumatic.... complications, earing had to be pushed through my ear, LOADS of pain, I passed out... good times. So! When I heard our doctor did it, I thought, numbing cream, someone who knows what they're doing and for sure sterile equipment. Yes, please.
I made an appointment, she had to wait a week. Oh dreadful. haha! It went quick though. We pulled up to the doctors office and she sighed and said, "I wanted to go to the mall." ...see? She is growing up way too fast and I feel like I am just pushing it along allowing things like pierced ears!
It was great though. No pain. Pink daisy's. Big smiles. She is totally thrilled. Someone will say to her, "Hi Sydney, how are you?" And she'll say, "I got my ears pierced!" haha.

0 comments: