Sunday, December 25, 2016

Christmas 2016

 I love this blessed day. I love the lights and the smell and the feeling that you get when all the world is silent and the snow is falling. I love these little people that aren't so little anymore and I love the magic in their eyes as it all enfolds.
 I realized this was the first Christmas that Sydney was truly vocal. And oh was she vocal. It was so much fun hearing all her thoughts! The first thing she said when she came down the stairs was: "Santa is amazing!!"












 Christmas was on the Sabbath this year. Which is really perfect. Celebrating the Savior on the perfect day of the week. Church was 31 minutes long too... and everyone thought that was lovely too.
 Our rag ringlets turned out pretty great!





 I love how much they love to give gifts to each other. They still draw names, but I don't even know why, they all buy for everyone, even Jeff and I now. They work and earn money and love picking out special things for one another. And they always insist that the gifts they purchased get opened first. They can't wait!!




 Legos and robots and wonder woman dolls! They know exactly what to get for each other. Tim bought Landon this DVD of the Giants beating the Patriots in the Superbowl a few years ago. Now, that is some brotherly love.




 The fish. Oh, I really wanted to get this for her. She's been asking for one for a while. Her face says it all in these four pictures. She was fairly ecstatic.












 I picked this gift out for myself. New dishes. Our old yellow plates had several pieces broken and they didn't fit into our new dishwasher. I've had them since before Jeff and I were married--so they were also old. But my mother bought them for me. I loved them from the moment I saw them. And everyday we use them and I think of my mom. It was not easy packing them up and putting them in a box. But it was time. And they will sit in my garage until one of my kids goes away and needs a set a dishes.

 Grandma and Grandpa sent over a bunch of gifts for these kiddos and Grandma had a fun game plan! They each got a card with a slip of wrapping paper that told them which gift to open and in that box under their present was another slip of wrapping paper showing them which gift to open next! It was a big mystery. Especially when it was Landon who got to open up the box wrapped in Christmas Princess paper! haha!


We love Christmas!

0 comments: